Military Discharges

The Recorder of Deeds will file and preserve a military discharge. Per RSMo 59.480, they are restricted from public search and may only be accessed by the veteran or authorized party. A veteran or authorized party can request a copy from our copy center for no additional charge. If a military discharge is filed in another county, you must contact that county’s Recorder of Deeds office for a copy.