How to Apply: Both parties must appear in person at the Recorder's office.
When to Apply: Setting up an appointment is recommended.
Hours: 8:00 am -12 pm; 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm; AFTER 3:00 pm BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Call (417) 847-2914 to schedule an appointment.
When to Pick Up License: Anyone may pick up the license upon completion of application and payment.
The marriage license is valid for 30 days from the date of issuance and may be used anywhere within the state of Missouri.The license fee of $55 must be paid by cash at the time of application. No refunds.
You are responsible for delivering the license to the person who solemnizes your marriage. The person performing the ceremony must complete the license, have two witnesses sign it, and return it to the Recorder's Office within 15 days after the wedding. The license remains on file permanently in the Recorder's Office.
- Social security number
- Full legal names
- Level of education
- Date last marriage(s) ended.
- Both parties must sign
- Blood relatives, down to and including first cousins, MAY NOT marry under the laws of the State of Missouri.
- No distinction is made between resident and non-resident individuals.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age to marry without parental consent.
- Persons between the ages of 16 and 17 may obtain a license with the consent of a parent or legal guardian. Parents or legal guardians must give consent in person (at the time of application) and have proper identification
- Applicants must provide a current Driver's License, Passport or Visa.
- Previously married applicants must give the date their last marriage ended.
- Persons divorced less than 30 days may apply for a marriage license if they acknowledge, in writing, they understand the divorce can be appealed or set aside within 30 days by the court of jurisdiction.
|Fee for:||$ (ea)|
|Marriage License||$ 55.00|
|Parental Consent||$ 1.00|
|Certified Copies||$ 9.00|
Note: All fees are payable at time of application